About Deák Ferenc street
The story of Deák Ferenc street begins in 1789, when count Schilson János, - as part of his district-renovating plan - laid down the fundaments of the street, making it the earliest link between the city centre and the river-side. The street was named after Deák Ferenc, a Hungarian statesman and Minister of Justice often referred to as 'The Wise Man of the Nation'. Because of its rare attributes, distinguished architects were attracted to design extraordinary buildings on this prominent street.
Deák Ferenc street 17.
A six-storey residential and office building which was designed by Sámuel Révész and József Kollár, the masters of German Jugendstil facades in 1912. During the renovation procedure, the builders used several tons of copper to authentically redecorate the historical building.